- 1 cup wild or black rice
- 3 1/ 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1 small cauliflower, florets only
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sumac, or substitute with paprika
- 1/ 2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/ 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 leaves of kale,
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 can chickpeas
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup red cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 12 olives
- 2 dates, sliced
- STEP 1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with silicone liner or parchment.
- STEP 2 For the rice: Bring rice and water to a boil in a 3-quart saucepan. Lower heat and cover. Cook for 55 minutes until tender. Remove from heat, allow to sit for 5 minutes. Drain any remaining water.
- STEP 3 While rice cooks, prepare cauliflower. In a medium bowl, stir together avocado oil, sumac (or paprika), and cumin. Add cauliflower florets and massage mixture in with your hands. Spread onto prepared baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes. Set aside bowl (reuse it to toss the salad).
- STEP 4 While rice is cooking and cauliflower is roasting, make dressing. Combine dressing ingredients in a 16-ounce jar and shake vigorously
- STEP 5 Massage kale. Remove stem from kale leaves. Tear kale leaves into small pieces and add to bowl. Add olive oil and massage for one minute. Add chickpeas, tomatoes, cabbage, carrots, olives, and dates.
- STEP 6 Assemble bowls. Divide rice, roasted cauliflower and salad into four large bowls. Top with dressing and enjoy.
- STEP 7 Leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to five days. Store dressing separately and add just before serving.